Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dads Groups

No offense moms, but dads need a group just for themselves. It isn't easy sharing your feelings with another person, it is even harder if you are male. I am not talking about a get down and drunk group. I am talking about a group that is uniquely father based. Where we can share our hopes and dreams for our children with others who understand our perspective as a father.

Since I started this blog, I have had a number of dads email me and say "I thought it was just me..." Father's shouldn't be made to feel that way.

Know of one? I searched the Internet and found a couple, but none in North Dakota, and most deal with child support and single dads. While that is important, this group is about the special needs of our kids.

Maybe it is time to start a group.

What do you think? Let me know on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/carlyoungnd or send me an email... carl@clientfactor.com

Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Carl-
    I think sometimes dads are left out because more often than not it is moms that are in your shoes... 8/10 times it is the mom that is the advocate, the taxi, the med pusher etc. I can honestly tell you that my husband has never once been to an OT, PT, Psy, RTI etc meeting.. in fact I don't believe my husband has ever even taken one of our children to the ped.

    This does not mean that all families are like this... I strongly suggest that you start a group. You are am amazing wealth of information for people... especially dads for the very reasons you stated in your post.

    May God keep you always
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete