Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stuff

No word yet from the Dr, regarding M's med wash. All in due time.

It is frustrating, M is regressing emotionally. Sometimes it is like having a three year old in the house again. This past weekend he wet his pants a couple of times. We were at home, and have two bathrooms. The school special ed teacher noticed it too, after I talked about it in our communication notebook. A communication notebook is just a notebook that we write daily concerns about M in. The special ed teacher writes her concerns about the day, as well as any behaviors that she saw.

The other thing is he asked my wife and I to break his arm. Not sure what that is about. Life with M has been difficult at home. Some say he acts that way at home because he knows we will love him anyway.

Having M in the home is have an affect on our other four children.

We re-certified for SNAP (food stamps) today. I was told that I need to be actively seeking work. It doesn't matter that I am regularly being called to the school to care for M, or taking him or one of the other four kids to doctor appointments. All that matters to them is that I be working. My wife could stay home, but not me.

I don't understand why it is o.k. for moms to give up their career for their children and be stay-at-home moms, but not dads. I didn't do it willingly, but saw a need and since I owned my own business at the time, I was the logical choice for filling the role. We have since closed the business.

More soon. It will get better. I don't want to believe that it could get worse, so will go with it will get better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment