Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The joys of....

Got to see our son yesterday for a bit.  For those of you that don't know, he is in a residential facility in the city about an hour and a half from our home.  We played Pictionary using random words that we drew out of a bag.  It was so much fun.

I had to explain to him why I was using a walker instead of my canes.  He was concerned about me.  When it came time for us to leave, he held my walker steady so it wouldn't move and tried to help me get up out of the couch.  I have bad knees, so this is a challenge.

I do so hope that he can come home with the level of success that he has attained in there.  He will hopefully be home by Christmas.  We have two home visits on the radar between now and then so we will see.  I am a realist, I know that he can't be perfect, and quite frankly I don't expect that.  If he could be even half as good as he is now, that would be a huge improvement over last school year.

I asked him if he was willing to try going back to school in our home town, where we had so many issues with the school, and he said yes.  I promise that I won't let them mess him up like they did last year. He doesn't deserve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment