Friday, April 15, 2011

PWN - Prior Written Notice

Received the PWN for M's Manifestation Determination.  The PWN was taped to a classroom door.  What happened to confidentiality?  They scheduled the meeting for a time when I specifically told them I could not be there.  The PWN also states that they want to discuss placement.  How do they jump from suspension to manifestation determination to placement without meeting and without discussion?


What happened to following the law?  I am sending copies of the PWN to our advocate and care coordinators.  I am also going to include it and the method of delivery in our complaint to DPI.

So frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. Another thing about the PWN. I distinctly told the district that we could not meet at certain times because our children are in another city for appointments for two days. they still scheduled the meeting for that time period. I do have a record of their knowledge of those dates. They wrote about it in an incident report.

    ReplyDelete